Friday 4 March 2011

Illamasqua Toxic Nature Collection

On Wednesday night I was lucky enough to be invited to Illamsqua's Toxic Nature Event, it was great to catch up with some of my favourite bloggers and the lovely people at Illamasqua.
As a brand Illamasqua is one that I absolutely love, not only are their products great quality and incredibly unique, they are also such an approachable brand. They welcome comments and suggestions and have embraced bloggers from the very beginning.

So onto the new collection, I was stunned by the visuals when I walked in, I think these are my favourite from any Illamasqua collection so far.


Here is what Illamasqua have to say about the new collection:

Unpredictable, uncharted and unnat­ural, Illamasqua unleashes Toxic Nature for Spring/Summer 2011, a colour collection born from a visionary concept of nature fighting back against the genetically modified society that plunders it. Illamasqua has created the Toxic Nature collection through a palette of lurid shades, corrupted hues and glistening muted tones that offer intoxicating versions of their original selves.


“Having an artist background highly influenced this collection. The medium of paint when it is in various states [mixed on a palette, on a canvas, the colours mutating when you wash your brushes] inspired the product colours of Toxic Nature. Blends, washes, dabs, drips, daubs and splashes of colour are evident in the imagery of the collection.” Alex Box, Illamasqua Creative Director.

Like nature itself, it’s not all sweetness and light. Shades of mint, mushroom, plum, orange and rose are distorted with rich textures and pops of acid-infused brightness that command attention and draw you in…

Here is a promo image for some of the products available in this collection, I really can't wait to get hold of Glister precision ink and Atomic Lipstick.


We were given a goody bag as we left the event containing 3 products from the new collection and an artists palette to encourage us to mix the new cream pigments and experiment. I thought this was a really nice touch and I have actually been meaning to pick one of these up for awhile!
I received two nail polishes Purity and Bacterium (which seems to be the most popular item so far!) and Cream pigment in Emerge. Alex was wearing Emerge as a blush at the event and it looked gorgeous so will definitely be trying that!
At the event I had the opportunity to have my nails painted with Bacterium (before I knew it was in my bag!) this photo was taken when I got home with flash and its not a 100% true representation of the colour but I will take more pictures in the sunlight. It's an incredibly unique colour which looks so different depending on the lighting.
And I had to show you a swatch of Glister, this photo was taken after my tube journey home so you can see how long lasting it is, it is such an amazing idea. A nude, sparkly eyeliner! I cannot wait to get my hands on this, again such a unique product.
So yet again Illamasqua have amazed me with another collection of unique and unusual products, the collection launches online on the 10th March and in stores on the 17th.

1 comment:

  1. Was so nice to catch up with you at the event! Was hoping you would have had the fuschia lippie in your bag ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...