Sunday 20 September 2009

Shopping, this is what happens when bloggers get together!

On Friday me and Tali went shopping, we only had a few hours but we managed to do some damage!! We are planning on doing this again as it was so much fun!

We met up in Selfridges and headed for Illamasqua where I picked up 3 products. The first MUA to help us was lovely, the second one that pounced on me when I was looking at the lipglosses was really pushy, I probably would have bought more if she hadn't been trying to sell me one of everything! Anyway here is what I picked up
Tantrum Gloss is my new favourite, it's a sheer gloss so doesn't go on as dark as it looks in the tube. It has a gorgeous shimmer in and looks beautiful on. I have already posted how I use Galactic, it can really change any other lip colour into a gorgeous shimmer.

We then headed to Covent Garden and popped into Charles Fox, after reading Grace's post about the Kryolan Supracolours which you can read here I really wanted to pick a few up, they come in three different sizes and I picked the smallest size to try (4ml). The only downside is that this size doesn't come with a lid so they will need to stay in the plastic covers, prices ranged from £2.65-£3.30 for this size as they are different finishes and formulas. I have already tried RB as a base and its lovely and didn't crease on me.
The Kryolan lipsticks are lovely, the swatches are one swipe so you can see how pigmented they are, the ones I picked are very creamy and have a nice sheen to them, they are £5.65 each. The Kryolan satin Powder is just gorgeous, it looks black in the swatch but its actually a dark purple shimmer, this was £5.35 and I will be going back to pick up more of these. I also picked up a Charles Fox Eyeliner brush, this is a really stiff brush, haven't tried this out yet. I absolutely loved this shop, the sales girls were really helpful and friendly but it is a shop for professionals so they do leave you alone to look around. I meant to pick up the bent eyeliner brush but must have put it back down, oh well it just means I will have to go back!

After a quick stop for a drink and something to eat we nipped into David & Goliath, I absolutely love their T-shirts and vests so had to pick up another one


Then I had to jump on the train to get back in time for me and my parents to get up to Southend to see Vampires Rock (Separate post to come about that!). I had such a lovely day, the first MUA at Illamasqua asked who the bad influence was and I think we both agreed that we are bad influences on each other!

10 comments:

  1. Isnt the loose powder gorgeous?? I wore it today.. im so glad I copied you and got it!

    Im still sifting through my stuff.. trying to make a video but there is so much to go through its always too long.

    Tantrum is next on my wish list!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a really fun time and picked us some really great goodies. I really like the look of the Kryolan lipsticks and the tank top is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous, I went to Charles Fox before the Maybelline event and picked up a 'shades' palette. Didn't even see these! I knew I didn't give it my full and proper attention *sigh* dunno when I'm going back to London again, but I'll definitely be heading there first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't the Kryolan stuff good? You'll love those as bases, and the satin powders are fab too.

    I also love your tank top. Sounds like a very fun afternoon :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you had a great time! I love everything you have bought! The illamasqua lip glosses are gorgeous and all the Kryolan goodies are fab! I'm insanely jealous! I wish I lived nearer London so I could nip into Charles Fox, I would be in Heaven there! Have fun playing with them all!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow - I'm jealous - sounds like you had a great time.

    And of course, I love the Illamasqua!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i so want the silver lipgloss.it looks so pretty...i don't think that collection will be on the Sephora website.,.so sad i really wanted it..boo

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha I read this post this morning, then I went to Illamasqua and I'm thinking we had the same pushy MUA...she's really something! lol xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Tantrum Gloss looks beautiful, adds to "want" list :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone!
    @Salma - Probably, the majority of them there are lovely but this one was sooooo pushy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...