Saturday 12 September 2009

Maybelline Bloggers Event & Lipstick Swatches

I was lucky enough to be invited to the Maybelline Bloggers Event, there were about 50 of us at the event and I had such a good time!
No photo's I'm afraid, I did have my camera but completely forgot about it!
It was a very relaxed event, plenty of drinks and yummy nibbles! (Percy Pigs, enough said!!)
The presentation itself was really interesting, as well as telling us about the two newest releases of The Pulse Perfection Mascara and Colour Sensational Lipsticks they also took us through their whole range. The whole presentation was really informative and I did actually come away with a different opinion of Maybelline as a brand, they are so focused on innovation and bringing high end technology to the drugstore shelves! They are also starting to focus more on colour with their eyeshadow quads and singles, which I am really looking forward to trying!
To be honest Maybelline is a brand that I always go to for Mascara but kind off skip over the rest. I did pick up one of the new lipsticks when they were released and I used to use Dream Matte Mousse foundation when it first came out but thats all so I am really pleased that I got this introduction to the rest of the range! I also got another Dream Matte Mousse foundation which I used this morning and fell back in love with!
They told us the story behind Maybelline, there was a lady named Mabel who's fiancee left her, she went to her brother who was a chemist and asked him to help her win him back, he mixed some Vaseline with coal powder and the first mascara was born! They actually have a timeline on their website if you are interested in reading the history of the brand click here
So onto the goody bags, they were incredibly generous and gave us two! They gave us one with a selection of items from all the ranges they have and the other had the new Pulse Perfection Mascara and a selection of Colour Sensational Lipsticks.

I really want to use these products for a couple of weeks before I give any proper reviews but I thought I would swatch the lipsticks. Hollywood Red is the one I already owned so I thought i would put that in too!



Swatched in the same order as above from left to right, click the photos to enlarge.

It really was a great event, I'm just sad I had to leave early to get to the theatre as I would have loved to have stayed and chatted more! If there is anything that you would particuarly like to see a review off then please let me know!

7 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a good night!! See you next week!! :)xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Tali - It was a good night, we missed you! Look forward to seeing you! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. review and compare the mascaras !hehe
    ohh u r so lucky,two awesome goody bags !heheh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely meeting you at the event! I like the look of some of the reds in the new collection!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep hearing about these Percy Pigs but I didn't see them :( Luckily there were Wispa Golds! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you have a great time...have no clue what percy pigs are lol..

    those lipsticks look lovely..i will have to give them a look at

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely to meet you as well! like we were gonna be told off from a tiny woman like her!! we could have taken her!! haha!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...