Wednesday 9 September 2009

Cargo 7 in 7 set & Eye of the day

Advance warning, this is a very picture heavy post!
I should know by now that going into Boots is a big mistake! I went into pick up a sandwich today and came out with this...


Since seeing the effect the Cargo Lash Activator has had on my Mum's lashes I really wanted to get it, I saw this and thought it was such great value! It comes with 7 products - Lash Activator Mascara, Eyeshadow Quad, Black Eyeliner, Blush/Bronzer, Lip Pencil, Concealer/foundation and Lipgloss. Its called the 7 in 7 minutes but I challenge anyone to complete the look in 7 minutes!The mascara on its own is £19, this set was £35. That means that if the mascara is full price all the other items work out to £2.67 each! All of the products are full size. The only problem is that the foundation/concealer only comes in one shade (Number 2) which is a tad dark for me but workable but will be way too light for people with darker skin. Onto swatches!

The black eyeliner is VERY black, its gorgeous! It applied like a dream to the waterline and I have had it on for 3 hours and it hasn't smudged or faded. The lipliner is a very wearable colour. The lipgloss is not very pigmented but its a nice nude pink with very subtle shimmer, it also comes with a timer that tells you when it goes off, they say it lasts for 9 months so the red line will automatically fill up as time goes by so you know when its time to bin it!
The blush/bronzer is gorgeous, they are swatched in the same order as in the pan and swirled together on top. Each strip is large enough that you can use it individually .

These shadows are really pretty, but the swatches on my hand are pretty rubbish so I did an eye of the day using them, the eyeliner and mascara.


Have you tried any other Cargo products before, I am guessing that if this sells well then Boots are probably going to start stocking more of the range!

5 comments:

  1. I love the Cargo blush in Tonga! It's a Canadian brand!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks beautiful!!! Lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks lovely! 7 minutes for a WHOLE face of makeup? Pssssh. Id take atleast 15 minutes! :P xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. og I saw this and it looked fabulous! It was such a good deal! Great review and fabulous eye!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, what a great post ! Thank you - it's perfect. Cool site too - cheers !

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...