Sunday 31 January 2010

My IMATS experience and the damage done!

I'm sure everyone knows that IMATS was here in London this weekend, I had every intention of getting there for when the doors opened but the warmth of my bed proved a bit too tempting and I got there at about 10.30. It was INSANE!! The line to pick up tickets was huge! But thanks to Sheenie I picked my ticket up at the press booth and there were only 2 people in front of me! I bumped into Jasmine pretty much as soon as I walked through the door! I headed straight for OCC for the lip tars and found Helen & Sheenie and Charlotte there swatching away! Next stop was Make Up Forever at Guru Makeup which was absolutely mental, there was a lady making a list of all the items she wanted stood right in front of the eyeshadows and refusing to budge! In the end she should have just asked them for one of everything!I then went over to Crown Brushes which was just as nuts, it was 3 deep at one point. Illamasqua had a great discount so I made the most of that too although it took about 15 minuted to get anywhere near the counter! I then met up with Tali and we headed out for a drink as the crowds were proving a bit too much! We braved it again and headed for Naked Cosmetics where we were both won over by the sparkly pigments! We headed back and picked up a bit more Make Up Forever and bumped into Louise.
It was a nice day but honestly I don't know if I would go again, it was so overcrowded and the pushing and shoving was doing my head in!
Here are some pictures of what I picked up, I will review the products over the next few weeks, if you see something you desperately want to read a review of please let me know!

Make Up Forever HD Foundation, Powder, Concealer Palette and Eyeliners
Illamasqua blush in Hussy, Pigment in Furore and Illuminators in Odyssey and Poised
 
Ben Nye Eyeshadow in Peacock
OCC Pigments in Ironic, Chlorophyll, Lafayette & Static

OCC Lip Tars in NSFW, Hush, Grandma and Pageant
Naked Pigment Stack in Ebony
 
Crown Brushes

We met up with Zara and decided that actually we had had enough of being elbowed, pushed and shoved. I had a woman literally grab me and push me out of the way to get to a counter! Manners obviously go out the window at these things!
We ended up driving around in the hunt for a decent place to eat, I say we but Zara was actually doing the driving and very well might I add!! We randomly found this gorgeous pub/restaurant in Crouch End. The food was incredible, proper homecooked food, none of that microwave crap some places serve up! It was lovely to chill out and have a good chat! Good food and good company, who can ask for more!

So that was IMATS, my bank balance will need a good break to recover now and apart from the few recent additions I haven't shown you yet I will be focusing on reviews and using the products I have!

Did you go to IMATS, what did you think? Would you go again?

18 comments:

  1. Great post! When you lay out all your items I can see how you spent the amount u did! Nevertheless GOOD BUYS! wooo! :)) Can't wait to try the products out.. I've had a lazy no make up day today! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this post!
    I'd be hearing so many reviews that only concentrated on the good aspects i was really jealous that i hadn't been able to go, but now i'm not sure i could have coped. It sounds amazing for the products, talks and so on, but i have a fear of crowds and the idea of being pushed and shoved is just horrifyng.
    Looks like you got an amazing haul. I have some OCC lip tars and absolutely love them. If possible i'd love to see a review of the MUFE foundation and eyeliners :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - sounds crazier than the Toronto IMATS. Great haul though! I missed out on the Lip Tars as they sold out in Toronto. Look forward to your reviews!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Reading your post took me back to the main hall at Ally Pally. Manic, wasn't it? So glad you didn't have a problem picking up your ticket and it was great to see you again. I think you're referring to the same annoying woman with the notepad at Guru as I am on Nice Things blog? Grrr! She really got on my nerves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! I think I saw you at the OCC counter but by the time I had managed to grab my lip tars I'd lost you so couldn't say hello! Aren't they just INCREDIBLE?

    I am feeling the dent in my bank balance too as a Hakuhodo brush took a big hole out of my budget for the day. I love it to bits though!

    And I TOTALLY agree about the pushing a shoving...sme people were just nightmares...RAWR.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to see your review on Ben Nye Eyeshadow in Peacock.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Zara - Yeah I can see how I spent that much money! I honestly needed none of it but still glad to have it! It's a bloody expensive habit!
    We need to get together again for a drink soon!

    @ Lillian - Am glad this post helped! It really was absolutely insane and I would say if you don't like big crowds its definately not a good place to go. It got too much for us in the end which is why we left early. Will put the foundation and liners on the top of the review list!

    @ Michelle - It was NUTS! I think the Toronto event was a bit more organised! You need to get some lip tars, they are amazing!

    @ Sheenie - Yes definately the same woman! She was at Ben Nye when I went there too and she was doing the same thing! Thanks again for the ticket and I hope we can have another get together soon!

    @ Hell Candy - Ah man, I really wanted to say hi to you! I did keep my eye open but didn't spot you anywhere! The tars are incredible, so happy I got all the colours I wanted!
    I really wanted the Hakuhodo tapered face brush but I had already bought that lot so didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice haul!

    I got one of those MUFE pencil sets, don't think they had too many available did they? Wish I'd noticed the BN singles though!

    Was lovely to bump into you! Sorry about the mis-information with the Grandma lip tar! I swear that's what the lady with the blonde hair told us when they were opening up! Mind, she couldn't tell us the prices till someone else came along, so we shouldn't have trusted that info!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic haul! Hope you loved it. Shame we didn't bump into each other! I didn't notice BN singles. Boo!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, I am the same as Lillian and freak out in crowds, I get all dizzy and faint, which is why I have to avoid gigs as the only times I've been were a nightmare :(

    I am really pleased you got such a fabulous haul though and the effort paid off :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ok now i want to see peacock blue in a eotd and as you have the tars i am waiting for you may as well do some mixing and show us a few looks so im inspired!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. you got such amazing things! How much fun it must have been to meet up with so many lovelies!!! Thanks so much for sharing the details with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi,

    I went there too and I was mental! I think I missed most of the things like the Ben Nye single E/S because it was so crowded! I am glad you made it alive though ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, great haul! I wish I could have been there. Can't wait to see your thoughts on your goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the look of that ben nye shadow - look forward to seeing an EOTD featuring that!I wish I'd seen you there!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG sooo jealous! hehe. love the stuff you got hun :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You did well!

    That foundation is INCREDIBLE...i've blooged about it, so so good!

    Was so much fun, roll on the next one!!!

    Anita x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome haul! That's some serious damage, of course in a good way =) Can't wait to see looks with these and your thoughts on the things you bought...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...