Tuesday 5 January 2010

Quick comparison - Mac Hypnotizing, Style Snob and Shale

When I first looked at the Love Lace collection I really liked Hypnotizing eyeshadow but thought it looked a bit too similar to Style Snob for me to buy it. I then spent a huge amount of time searching for comparison swatches and decided it was different enough!
So today I happily nipped into Selfridges on my lunch break and picked it up and I have to say I am glad I did, it's actually very different. Here are some swatches, I have done this tonight and as there is no natural light this picture is with flash but it shows the difference between them.

L to R: Style Snob, Hypnotizing, Shale

These are heavily swatched and shale looks much more brown than it does in reality but the other two are pretty true to colour. It does have a brown tone to it but it has more purple than Style Snob, it's also much more pigmented than Shale.

Am happy I relented and picked it up!

4 comments:

  1. Glad I saw this post as I to was going to get Hypnotizing but after seeing it instore thought it would be too similar to style snob, guess I'll have to get it now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There really is a big difference! Glad it helped!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Like you, I own both eyeshadows. But when I wore Hypnotizing and Style Snob together today, I thought they looked like the same eyeshadow. I was wondering if you have any tips to make the difference between them more obvious when using both in the same look? Or rather, how would you use either eyeshadow?

    ReplyDelete
  4. unfortunately, i have all three as well but cant say that getting all of them was worth it. to me, anyway, i cant differentiate between any of them when i wear them. should have spent the money on other colors :/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...