Friday 22 January 2010

OPI Absolutely Alice Vs OPI Reflecting Pool

This is just a quick post comparing the two, I was almost put off ordering Absolutely Alice as it's a blue with gold glitter which sounded really similar to Reflecting Pool but I'm glad I did get it as actually they are totally different. So just incase anyone else thought the same thing I thought it would be helpful to post swatches, these are done on tape as Mad As A Hatter is not coming off my nails yet! This is pic heavy but I wanted to show the difference as much as possible.

Absolutely Alice

Reflecting Pool

Top Absolutely Alice Bottom Reflecting Pool

L: Reflecting Pool R : Absolutely Alice


Hopefully you can see the difference as in person it really shows. Absolutely Alice is almost clear with blue and gold glitter, it's pretty chunky and will need a thick layer of top coat to feel smooth. Reflecting pool has gold glitter and is more of a green blue. It's a much smoother polish as there is not so much glitter. Both of these need 3 coats to be opaque.
If I had to choose I think Absolutely Alice would be my favourite of the two as its a much brighter colour and just looks a bit more special!

4 comments:

  1. I love these types of posts, it's amazing how things can look so similar in the pan/pot but yet so different when applied!

    Personally however I have to say I prefer reflecting pool. I'm not really a glitter fan when it comes to my nails, I tend to only go for polishes with a very fine shimmer to them rather than full on glitter - such as Illamasqua baptiste.

    That still said, because I'm a sucker for alice in wonderland (who isn't!) the OPI collection still calls me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutly alice.. love it!!!

    Ok so saturday we need to run away from everyone at some point (alone!) and go grab a beer!!!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    I love these colours!

    Don't forget to follow back, If your not already :)
    & enter my competition :)

    Lots of love,
    Katie
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got absolutely alice and i love it! it's so unique and gorgeous. thanks for this post, helped me decide which one i wanted! xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...