Saturday 16 January 2010

Face Of The Day - Playing with the Shu Uemura Ribbon Palette

I couldn't wait to play with the Shu Uemura palette I picked up in the Space NK sale. It's completely out of my comfort zone as I tend to avoid pinks and pastel colours and stick to the dark and smokey. But I have to say I was pleasently surprised. I don't know why it makes me think of Anime, I guess its because it made my eyes look huge!

I used the Lilac on the lid, Pink in the crease and Gold under the lower lashes. I then lined my top lashline with the brown cream shadow/liner. The blush is such a gorgeous colour, its a really subtle pink. It does have some fine glitter in it though but you can get rid of most of it if you tap the brush off. Advance warning that I look miserable in the first picture but its the one that showed the colours the best!




Other products used:
Bobbi Brown Corrector Light Bisque
Maybelline Dream Matte Mouse Foundation
Mac MSF Natural
Nars Laguna Bronzer
UDPP
Covergirl Lashblast
Mac Captive Lipstick

The eyeshadows are really pigmented but are light colours so the camera hasn't picked them up that well. The cream liner is lovely, it does need a couple of layers but it lasted the day without smudging or smearing.
The blush is my favourite in this palette, its just so easy to wear and I like the sheen that the fine glitter gives, a glow that doesn't look oily. I can see myself looking at pastel colours more now.

4 comments:

  1. Wow your eyes look gorgeous! The colours really look great on you :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the pastel shades look nice on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have such amazing blue eyes! Lovely FOTD :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your makeup set
    love the colour of Shu Uemura palette
    humm visit my makeup blog
    http://makeupassion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...