Sunday 17 January 2010

Revlon Renewist Lipstick Review, my 99p bargain!

I love me a bargain, I really do! Considering I spent £20 on that dior eyeliner not long ago (Still blame that on lipglossiping) I really needed to find some cheap thrills!

Whilst out the other day I nipped into the 99p shop, not a place renowned for its beauty products but they do tend to get discontinued lines every now and then. Whilst having a rummage I found a stand of these Revlon lipsticks, I can't say I have ever seen them before but they intrigued me. I picked the shade Red Reinvented as I am having a bit of an obsession with reds. Its a standard lipstick but with a moisturising bit in the middle, I'm not gonna try and describe it anymore because I am failing miserably so here is a picture

I have to admit I was skeptical about this as I thought the colour wouldn't go on evenly and I would need to go over it loads to get a decent coverage but actually its really nice. Its very shiny so no need to put a gloss on top and its also really pigmented. The colour actually reminds me of one of the YSL Rouge Voluptes I was lusting after. So here are some lip swatches, excuse the shoddy application!

With Flash

Without Flash

I really do like it, its a gorgeous shade of red and it does feel really nice on the lips. I don't know if it lives up to the 80% moisture boost that it claims on the packet but I can say that its not at all drying. It lasts pretty well too, I have been eating and drinking and its faded a bit but not gone patchy and it still looks as though I am wearing lipstick.

For 99p I think this was a steal and I can see myself going back to pick up a couple more shades. This gets a big thumbs up from me

6 comments:

  1. Oooh that is lovely. Great find hun :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love a bargain.. but i cant even spend 99p or i break my stupid projectxpan!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a nice red and a little bargain too! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. :) i have one of these lipsticks from the pound shop too! i have it in coffee fix, its not really a colour i like too much, but i agree that the lipstick its self is really good! i love the pound shop for make up bargains!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooo what a lovely red! You know I love my reds sooo much! Have you tried NYX chaos? It's AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a gorgeous blood red, as for the Dior... just use it everyday for the next 200 days, that's like 10p a day or something - hell, wait that's still depressingly expensive. Ok, just completely block out how much it cost from memory. Hypnotize yourself with the sparkle in it or something xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...