Saturday 24 October 2009

My first back 2 Mac, a guilt free haul!!

With all the talk of Mac ending the Back 2 Mac program after Christmas (this may be UK only) I thought I really should make the most of it while I can! I had a mascara and a lipglass that I had finished so I decided to depot some eyeshadows. I had some spare Elf 4 pan palettes that fit Mac shadows and only cost £1.50.
I used the hair straightener method and honestly I found it really easy. I did a lot of research first i.e watched a lot of youtube videos lol! I have to admit some people using huge kitchen knives to pry the pans out started to put me off! But I have a swiss army knife thing that has a small flat blunt attachment on it and it popped them out straight away, I depoted 10 shadows and they all survived without any damage! There is no rule for how long to leave them on the straightener though, some softened enough in a couple of minutes where others took about 5 or 6, you really just have to keep checking.
So I happily went to the Mac counter in Selfridges and got myself two lipsticks!
I picked up Hot Gossip Cremesheen and Captive Satin, I love both of these colours. Hot Gossip is probably as nude as I can go, its almost a MLBB shade as I have quite pigmented lips. I have wanted Captive since I watched Blair's (Juicystar07) fall tutorial video on youtube.
Here are some not great swatches as by the time I get home from work there is no natural light at all.

I have 5 shadows left to depot and a lipglass I am almost finished with so if you have any suggestions on which lipstick I should pick up I would appreciate it!

5 comments:

  1. love the lippies you got gurl!!
    You should try a peach or a nude brown lippy if you wish =) I am afraid I would not know the exact shades :S but i swatched some at MAC and liked em~! n fanks for letting me know elf do such palettes too! coz i was planning to order all the from coastal scents which charge ridiculous shipping to the uk :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few of my favourite l/s from MAC are: "O", Capricious, Fluid, Jist, Plum Dandy and Sophisto. I think "O" would look lovely on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how good does guilt free hauling feel? They're gonna discontinue it before I even get close to finishing enough of my lipglasses :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suggest you take a look at Up The Amp and Rebel, both are gorgeous colours.

    (",) xXx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...