Saturday 17 October 2009

Boots Haul - Urban Decay, Too Faced & Prestige

I wasn't meant to buy anything this week but the 3 for 2 in boots tempted me! I really wanted to pick up the Too Faced Glamour To Go palette after seeing it on Tali's blog a few weeks ago and I also wanted to try Urban Decay lipsticks so took the opportunity to get them a bit cheaper!

I also had a quick look at the prestige stand and noticed the new Shimmering Trios eye shadows. They only had two different sets, one was a golden brown trio and the other one was Emerald which is the one I chose, its contains three colours of a very finely milled shimmery pigment. The colours are gorgeous and very pigmented, I know there are a bigger range of colours available in America so hopefully they will bring them over here soon. These were on offer they will normally be priced at £9.78 but at the moment they are £2 off.
Onto the swatches


Urban Decay Lipsticks: Pistol is a very sheer shimmery berry colour, its gorgeous and one of those shades you can apply without a mirror. Gash is a very pigmented glossy red, looks really nice on. Its a very wearable red. My only gripe with these are the bitter taste! They smell nice and initially don't taste of anything but after an hour or so there is a really bitter taste in the back of the mouth! Its not terrible and something I can live with but it might put me off buying more.

Too Faced Glamour To Go: I love this little palette, the glosses are decently pigmented, usually in palettes when swatched they all look the same but with these you can definitely see the different shades. The eye shadows are all very pigmented and creamy, they blend together really nicely. The blush is also a really wearable peachy pink shade. I do think this is good value for money and is great to just keep in your makeup bag as its so small.

Prestige Shimmering Trios: This was an impulse buy, I have been loving greens lately so as soon as I saw this I had to get it. I love the packaging and the colours are incredibly pigmented and very shimmery. Haven't had a chance to play with this properly yet but will do a full review once I have.
Each colour has a little snap lid as you can see in the picture below, this really minimises on mess!

Have you got anything new this week?

2 comments:

  1. The 3 for 2 at Boots is bad isnt it!!! I go in only wanting one thing and end up coming out with loads as i think oh might aswell make use of the offer!! This is their plan obviously though to tempt us all.

    Makeup has some odd names sometimes...Gash lol, all looks v pretty though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul.. thanks for the lipie swatches.. they look great. (i am a sucker for the packaging!!)

    I got no new make-up this week! Only facewash!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...