Thursday 27 August 2009

Review - Elf Studio Eye Primer & Liner Sealer

I posted my haul from the Elf studio line a month or so ago and I have had a chance to use everything. There was only one dissapointment (Complexion Perfection) and I am really happy with everything else but I have to say the Eye Primer & Liner Sealer is probably my favourite, it's such a good value product!

Eye Primer: I have been alternating between this and UDPP and I have to say I prefer this, it does look very like a concealer but it works so much better. I like to get some product on my ring finger and then spread it over the lid. I have had make up on for a whole day and there was no creasing or fading, even during the super hot weather we had last week. The main reason I like this better than UDPP is that shadows blend much easier, I always struggle when I use UDPP, it feels as though it grabs the shadow too much and it is really difficult to try and blend colours out, I don't have this problem at all with the Studio line primer. I haven't tried this on a night out in a club yet but I am out this weekend so will report back! I had honestly forgotten how much difference eye primer makes, I had a couple of concerts last week and did my make up before I left work, I had forgotten my primer so used concealer and both times when I got home my eyeshadow had creased really badly!

Liner Sealer: I absolutely love this product, its basically a mixing medium to use shadows/pigments wet or as a liner. I had a similar product about a year ago from Urban Decay which was about £12 and does exactly the same job! What I like to do with this is take out the brush and tap the bottle until a drop or two comes out in to a little pot and then mix it with my pigment, i find this works better than trying to mix it with the brush provided. I have been using this with my Barry M pigments and using them as liners and they are gorgeous! Below are swatches of Barry M Khaki with the liner sealer on left and dry on the right

Overall I highly recommend this product, it is fantastic value for money!

Also for anyone that has been looking at the US website I contacted Elf about the other products to find out if they are coming out here, the single blushes/eyeshadows should be available here in October and the Concealer Palette and other items will be available but no date has been set yet!

2 comments:

  1. this looks like a very clever product. I've got the illamasqua sealing gel and another brand of mixing medium (forget which brand, shows how often I use it!) which are great for that too, but not nearly as affordable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahaha you sound like me and nothing gets the complete seal of approval until it has survived a night at a rock club!

    I have been looking at ELF stuff for a while now and fancy the lip primer.

    I may just have to investigate this now!

    XxX

    Lyndsay

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...