Saturday 2 April 2011

Remington Pearl Wand First Impressions

With some of my birthday money I decided to finally pick up a conical wand as it's something I have wanted to try for ages. I have naturally curly hair but sometimes it's nice to have a different kind of curl. I picked out the Remington Pearl Wand in Boots for about £26, I settled on this one after reading lots of positive reviews.

The wand itself is pretty easy to use, it has a nice long swivel cord and has a stand attached to the base so that you can put it down on the side without worrying about it burning anything. The power and temperature controls are on the top of the unit and I was worried that I would keep pressing the buttons when using it and accidentaly adjusting the temperature but when you are happy with the temperature you hold down the - button and it locks. You get a single glove in the box to stop you burning your fingers.

The first time I used this I sectioned my hair and curled small sections and I managed to burn my forehead, ear and neck! It definately takes some getting used to. This time I just split my hair into about 6 sections and worked my way round from one side to the other. I then brushed my fingers through my hair to loosen the curls. I much prefer the effect this time.


This took me less than 10 minutes, I can see myself using this a lot when I am pushed for time as it is just so quick and easy to use. I do think it's one of those things that gets a lot easier with practise.

2 comments:

  1. Are you holding it upside down? You're supposed to hold it the opposite way vertically than a regular curler with the wand on the bottom and the handle on top- juuust in case you didn't know that already! :D I have one of these from another brand and I can't believe how quickly it works and how well my hair holds the style unlike with any traditional curler I've used. They definitely take some getting used to though. I was still burning myself every now and then after using it for a few months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I was holding it like that, I think it's just a case of getting used to it!
    Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...