Saturday 9 April 2011

Mac Quite Cute Collection Haul

I know it's not to every one's taste but I was really looking forward to the Quite Cute collection, I had some birthday money left so didn't feel too guilty about indulging! I picked up the eyeshadow quad, 2 blushes and 2 lipsticks. On to the swatches:

I know a lot of people have complained about the pigmentation of these shadows but I didn't really find this. The only colour I had to build up was Boycrazy and it is pretty sheer but I do still like it. As these are pastel colours I think they would like slightly chalky if they were more pigmented. I actually really like Goody Goody Gum Drop which was the one colour I thought I would hate as I don't usually like pinks. I would say if you were put off buying this one its definitely worth swatching in person.
From left to right: Main colour, Heart and then swirled together. This is such a unique colour, I haven't got any purple blushes so this is a welcome addition to my collection. I do think this will work better on people with a light skin tone as it is quite sheer.
From left to right: Main colour, Heart and then swirled together. I didn't intend to get this but fell in love with it after swatching, it's such a gorgeous pink. I think I like the swirled together effect the most.
I think this may become my new favourite lipstick! It looks pretty scary in the tube but it's a cremesheen formula so can be applied lightly and is really wearable. It can be built up though to give a denser colour if you want.
This lipstick is incredible! It's a matte formula but it is actually pretty creamy. The flash has washed the colour out slightly, in person this almost neon! It wears really well and doesn't feel particularly drying. It does stain the lips though which personally I like as it means I don't need to worry about re-applying all the time!

What are your thoughts on this collection? Did you pick anything up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...