Sunday 1 November 2009

X Factor Rock Week...What a joke!!!

Along with the majority of the population of the UK I have been watching the X Factor every week! As a self confessed rock chick I was really looking forward to rock week! But truthfully it was a bit of a let down!
Jamie is my favourite, I love his gravely voice but I thought they should have given him a much bigger song and let him really belt it! His version of Sex On Fire in the auditions was awesome and I wish they had let him sing a big song like that again!
I was really surprised by Lucie, she took on Sweet Child O' Mine and she actually did it really well, I personally think her voice really suited a rockier song!
Joe did a good version of Journey's Don't Stop Believing although I agreed with Simon on the rather odd and distracting dancers in the background!
And oddly I think my favourite of the night was Olly, truthfully I really didn't like him that much before but I thought the song suited him perfectly last night. He performed it really well, apart from the odd shirt ripping moment!
Rachel was ok but not that memorable if you know what I mean!
Although I think Stacey is a great singer and she is one of my favourites I really think they should have given her something better than Keane to sing! I mean she can really belt out the high notes so she could have done an awesome version of a big power ballad!
And then the bad
I'm sorry but on what planet is Katy Perry I Kissed A Girl considered rock! I think Cheryl is really struggling with finding the right songs for Lloyd!
Danyl I have really liked from the begining but his version of I Don't Wanna Miss A Thing last night was bloody awful, it was out of tune, out of time and just bad!
The horror twins John & Edward, I think Freddie Mercury must have been turning in his grave last night as these two absolutely murdered We Will Rock You! I think the joke has gone way too far now, yes they are so bad they are funny but I dread to think what song they will ruin next!

And tonight Lloyd and Rachel were in the bottom two and Rachel went home which I really do think is a shame as the two jokes that can't sing are still there when someone who has an actual talent for singing has been sent home! Although I do think her Stacey impression last week might have had something to do with it!

And what was Cheryl's dress about last night, I usually love her style but that thing was awful!

I was really happy to see Bon Jovi on tonights show, although I am still pissed off with them about the price of the tickets for their O2 shows next year, more than £200 for a half decent seat is a joke! We settled for the cheap seats although even they weren't that cheap!
Sorry about the lack of posts this weekend, I have a really bad cold and am just sat wrapped up in a blanket on the sofa!

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...