Friday 13 November 2009

Nars Haul and why do they want me to be Orange?

I went into John Lewis this week to see the Nars holiday collection, I picked up the Brousse Eyeshadow Duo and was talked in to the Multiple set. I really like the Taiga duo too but as I have just bought Cleo I really couldn't justify another green duo right now, will be putting this on my Christmas list though!!

I really do like the Brousse duo, both colours are pretty dark but wearable and they blend really nicely together, I think the purple side in this will look really nice with the purple side in Habanera.


 I was talked into the Multiple set and to be honest I do have buyers remorse. I haven't owned one before and the MUA was explaining all the ways they can be used and in a moment of weakness I caved. But unfortunately as I feared they are super shimmery! I tried Orgasm today and all I could really see on my cheeks was glitter! South Beach is a pretty colour but again its super shimmery. Copacabana is a lovely highlighter and is the only one of the 3 that I can see myself using regularly. It's about time I learnt that impulse buys are never a good thing!



So whilst paying I asked the MUA if I could have a sample of some foundation to try, she offered to do my makeup for me but as I was on a lunch break I didn't have time! She spent ages going through the samples and looking at my face and then gave me a sample of the Sheer Matte and Sheer Glow foundations. They didn't have my colour in Sheer Glow so she gave me the next shade just so I could how it feels on the skin. Anyway the colour she matched me too was Deauville, I said to her that I was shocked that I was the 4th shade as normally I am matched to the lightest shade available! She assured me that this would be perfect, this is all without actually trying any on my skin, not even on my hand.
I had the day off today and thought I would try it and all I am going to say is that thank goodness I wasn't going anywhere, as soon as I opened the sachet I knew it would be way too dark, I put it on my face and honestly I looked like I had been Tangoed! Here is a swatch on my hand thickly on the top and blended in underneath.

Yeah as you can see not gonna work!! It's a shame as I actually really liked the feel of it on my skin! Have you picked up anything from any holiday collections? I am trying really hard to resist the Mac holiday collection, I am hoping they will reduce it nearer to Christmas like they did last year!

5 comments:

  1. Great haul hun, i love the eyeshadow duo! I must admit i dont own much from nars though!

    I hate it when MUA & SA's try sell you products and you regret them as soon as you get home!

    I love everything you have bough though!

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same issue at counters. When I've been matched for foundation they either put me too dark to "warm up my complexion" or cover me with bronzer. So far Dior and MAC are the only ones to not make me darker or orange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. gosh! that is a definate no!!
    I don't have nars counter anywhere near me so I have caved to the MAC holiday collection!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that eyeshadow is lush, I was tempted over Habanera on their website after seeing a swatch of it on a blog, but I am being good until after Christmas. It's certainly hard ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I picked up Brousse shadows and Pop Life Velvet matte lip pencil. Love it all!! I also had a makeover and the artist mixed the two Brousse colours together to line my eyes -- on top of a gel liner. Very cool effect!

    That foundation is definitely off!!

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...