Saturday 21 November 2009

Nails Of The Week Part 2 - OPI Merry Midnight

If you are only going to pick up one colour from this years OPI holiday collection I think this should be it!! It's a gorgeous purple base with blue and purple glitter and red flakes that flash yellow and green! It is a totally unique and incredible colour!
It is very sheer, I put on 4 coats to even it out completely, I think it will work really well layered over a dark polish, either black or purple. Removal of this was fine too which is something I was worried about as the the flakes in Mac's Baby Goth Girl refused to come off!!

Here is a closer picture, this one really shows up the different colours both on the nails and in the bottle!

It does need a good layer of top coat to even out the surface, I used Leighton Denny's Crystal Finish.

Do you have a favourite from this collection?

8 comments:

  1. It's beautiful, I have just ordered this because it's so different and unusual :D

    Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my favorite from this collection. I purchased it and really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How else does this compare to Baby Goth Girl?

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ Miss Virtue - It's actually very different than Baby Goth Girl, where that is a blackened red this is a purple, its just the flakes that make it look more red. I find that Baby Goth Girl can look black in certain lights and this doesn't do that. Also the flakes and glitter show up a lot more! Hope that helped!

    ReplyDelete
  5. can't wait to use this one but I have bought so many recently I never seem to get round to using it! I'll post some pictures when I do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is probably my favourite shade of the new collection!

    'It will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine!'' ;) x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every time I go to put this on something gets in my way, like a meeting where I have to be "appropriate".
    Grrrrr. I want to wear it, I really do. Soon.

    Looks awesome on you :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...