Friday 5 June 2009

Style Warriors, not for me!

Hey

So even though I said I wasn't gonna buy anymore I couldn't resist going and having a look at Style Warriors! To be honest there were a couple of things I liked but I can live without them if you know what I mean!
I went to the MAC counter in Selfridges and you can tell the credit crunch is having an effect, normally you have to wait ages for a MUA to even acknowledge you but today I had about 4 come up and ask if I needed help! They even offered to do my makeup using the new collection but as I was on my lunch break I didn't have time!
The only eyeshadow I liked was tempting which I already have, I thought I would love Vibrant Grape but when I swatched it the pigmentation was rubbish! It just didn't show up at all!
The only things I really liked where the "Pink Rebel" luster drops, although I think the name of these are a bit misleading. They are pink in the tube and when you first put them on your hand but when you rub them in they just turn into a nice shimmer. It would make a gorgeous highlighter but to be honest I think the pink "Beat the blues" from MEMEME would do the same job for a third of the price!
And the other thing was Impassioned Solar Bits, although I didn't actually try these as the tester was missing from the display I have read really good things about them but I watched Makeupgeeks latest tutorial and she said that Gridlock from the Urban Decay Book of shadows palette was a very similar colour!
So thats two collections I have completely passed on now, the other one was Rose Romance. I have to say in a lot of ways I am glad as I spent a stupid amount on Hello Kitty but it is still a little dissapointing!

On another note I did pick up a NARS blush/highlighter duo in John Lewis as I got some vouchers from work! I picked up Albatross/Torrid. I planned on getting Sin but the MUA said that torrid would be more my natural blush and I have to say I love it! It is quite similar to Orgasm but with less obvious shimmer and is more coral than pink! And my Mum got me a mini OPI set from QVC, the bottles are tiny but I love the colours! Will do a post about them tomorrow with pictures!

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the post of the nars duo! I had exactly the same feeling as you with regards to the lustre drops and the MEMEME beat the blues!

    I haven't actually seen the collection in the flesh because I'm stuck in Shropshire but have placed an order online anyway :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Cat glad to know I'm not the only one who thought that! Look forward to seeing what you ordered!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was also so disaapointed with this collection - I really wanted vibrant grape to be..well, vibrant... but it was awful! And rose romance - complete waste of time for me!Love ALbatros by NARS though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The MAC collections are getting SO repetetive.. i want something unique. Im looking foreward to Guerlain's August collection. Will blow mac outta the water!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...