Wednesday 24 June 2009

Review - Sleek Eye Dusts

Hey!

So I know a lot of people (me included) have done posts on the Sleek palettes and I thought I would blog about another one of their products which I love! It's the Eye Dusts, which are loose pigments. I have 6 of these so far.

Top Row: Dirty, Vintage, In The Nude
Bottom Row: Eden, Fantasy, Jet Set


The swatches are in the same order as above, this is dry with no base!


Here is a comparison with a MAC pigment, size wise the Sleek pots are not as tall but they are wider, with MAC you get 7.5g and Sleek 6.5g. Now price, MAC are around £15, Sleek about £2.99! I would say these are comparable to the chunkier MAC pigments. They are not finely milled like Barry M Dazzle Dusts but the colour payoff is incredible! These do come with a sifter but I removed them as I find it easier without!
I have found that the best way to apply these is with a stiff brush and to pat them on to the lid first before blending, this helps to prevent fallout!
I would definately recommend these to anyone that is looking for a cheaper alternative to MAC pigments. There are about 18 colours available, so I am sure there will be one that catches your eye! I would recommend that you test it before you buy though as the texture does vary between the colours.
Sleek is available at larger Superdrug stores as well as some Beauty Supply Shops.
If you would like to see a look with these pigments please let me know!

6 comments:

  1. These are amazing, I only have 2 so far but am going to buy a lot more. They are the closest in quality to a MAC pigment that I am yet to find. I think I might wear the purple one blended all over my lid tomorrow :-)

    Have you tried the gel liners? You will never need to spend a penny on fluidlines again after you try these! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are next on my sleek list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Jet Set too and I love it! It's amazing! I'm definitely gonna get more of these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They're lovely, I might have to look into getting them :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Vintage and I really want the hot pink but it had sold out last time I was in my Superdrug branch.

    I can't believe how cheap they are for the amount of product you get.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...