Sunday 7 June 2009

Review - Collection 2000 Glam Crystals Glitter Liners


I wanted to write this review because I feel that Collection 2000 is a brand that is so easily overlooked! I know this was one of the brands I used to buy a lot from when I was at school as it was cheap and pocket money didn't go far! They have changed a lot since then! The packaging has changed and they do actually have some really good cheaply priced products!
One of my favourite products from them are the Glam Crystals Glitter Eyeliners.

The colours from left to right are 1.Glitz, 2.Pizzazz, 3.Funk, 4.Hustle, 5.Le Freak, 6.Night Fever, 7.Rock Chick, 10.POW!, 11.Shake It Up
I also have an Urban Decay Heavy Metal Glitter Eyeliner in Spandex and a sample of Too Faced Starry Eyed in Ooh & Aah. Here is a picture where you can compare the size, obviously the Too Faced one is only a sample, I'm not sure of the size of the full sized one!
Now the price difference, the Urban Decay glitter liners are £11.26 at Boots, the Collection 2000 ones are £2.99 and are often on offer in Superdrug/Boots. You would think that for that price the quality would be crap but honestly they are amazing! Here are some swatches taken with flash so you can see the sparkle! Now the Urban Decay one is top left, Too Faced top right and then the Collection 2000 ones in a line in the same order as above.

This is two swipes with the brush and the picture says it all really, the Urban Decay one is incredibly sheer and you really have to work to get the glitter to apply evenly whereas the Collection 2000 ones are even and beautifully sparkly!
I have never tried a MAC glitter liner and to be honest I don't think I ever will! These liners are so pigmented and literally stay put till you take them off with remover! And for £2.99 you really can't go wrong! So if you are looking for a decent Glitter Liner definately check these out, in my opinion they are far better than the higher end brands I have tried!

Hope everyone is having a lovely relaxing Sunday!

4 comments:

  1. I love glitter..this is just what i need! I dont care for the mac glitter liners either..the brush is rubbish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm getting these. I was actually in superdrug - I always am - looking for glitters liners today, I didn't even think of looking at the collection 2000 stand! What am I like! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love glitter liners! the purple one on the far right looks fab!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...