Saturday 6 June 2009

Review - GOSH Waterproof Eyeshadow (Shadestick Dupe)

Ok so as promised here is my review of the GOSH waterproof eye shadow shadestick dupes!
What they Say: Silky and creamy eye shadow stick. A lasting formula which stays nice all day long. Also the perfect base for all powder eye shadows. Available in 9 different colours.


The Price: Around £6 but very often on 3 for 2 at Superdrug


What I say: Well the first thing you notice is the similarities in packaging to the MAC shadesticks, especially to the new ones that came out with the Sugar sweet collection. They advertise this as an eyeshadow but I would use this the same way I use shadesticks, as a base. I have the purple one and have used it a few times since I purchased it. First of all I would not recommend wearing this as an eyeshadow, its really not something you can quickly apply and walk out the door with as they have the same problems as MAC shadesticks in that they can apply a bit patchy and its hard to even out the colour. They are soft and creamy though so you don't feel like you have to drag them again and again over your eye to get the colour to transfer and they don't seem to need warming up like some of the MAC shadesticks do. I have been using this as a base and I have to say I really like it. I have worn it all day and there was no creasing or fading at all. So as base it gets a big thumbs up from me!


Would I Recommend It: Definately, these are half the price of shadesticks and are really very similar. As long as you are buying this as a base you really can't go wrong!


3 comments:

  1. Wowzer, there is some serious staying power there!! I love finding a dupe for a higher-end brand! Aw gawsh, you had credit card fraud happen to you too!? I didn't realise it was so common, yuck! It is just awful! I am glad it worked out for you :) I"m keeping my fingers crossed...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just picked up one of these and looking forward to trying it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...