Tuesday 9 June 2009

Review - NARS Blush/Highlight Duo in Albatross/Torrid

Hope everyone is having a good week so far! I am dreading getting to and from work tomorrow and Thursday because of the tube strike! It's going to take me at least two and half hours each way! I was saying to my boss we may as well put out sleeping bags in the office and kip there lol!

So anyway, as promised, here is my review of the NARS duo I picked up with my vouchers!
I went to the counter in John Lewis on Oxford Street with every intention of buying the albatross/sin duo. I spoke to the MUA and she recommended I pick up torrid instead as it is much more my natural flush colour. When I looked at the testers it looked so much like Orgasm that I was put off but after swatching it I fell in love! It is much more coral than Orgasm and has a lot less shimmer to it! Comparison in the pan:



And here are swatches comparing the two, obviously this is much more than I would put on my face but I hope that this shows the differences. Orgasm is on the top, torrid on the bottom.

I really do love this blush! I have been wearing it every day since I bought it and it really is much longer lasting than most of the other blushes I have! I think that the amount of shimmer in Orgasm sometimes limits it to night time wear, that isn't an issue with this blush as the shimmer is much less obvious!

Albatross is a gorgeous highlighter, its so similar to MAC Vanilla Pigment but in a much easier to use form! I really couldn't get a decent picture of the swatch of this but I am sure you have seen it already!

The only negative with this is the price, its £27 for this duo which is a lot but individually these are priced at £18.50 so there is a saving to be made by getting the duo! These are only available for a limited time both instore and on the website so if you want one I wouldn't wait too long!!

3 comments:

  1. I love torrid & albatross, it makes perfect sense to have them together! thanks for the great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. need to show Torrid some more love myself. I have always wanted Albatross. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love NARS Blush/Highlight duos :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...