Tuesday 16 March 2010

Mac Haul - Viva Glam Cyndi & Gaga Lip Swatches

I haven't bought anything from the last few mac collections as nothing really caught my eye, I did look at the blush ombres but I didn't take any home. But as soon as I saw the promo images for the new Viva Glams I knew I needed them! I was very dissapointed when I went to MAC on the first Thursday and they didn't have them! So Monday lunch time I headed straight there to pick them up. I was given a high five by the MA which was slightly odd but it was launch day! There is also a competition to win tickets to see Lady Gaga in Paris you can enter when you purchase. All the money from the sale of these lipsticks goes to the MAC AIDS fund so I felt justified buying yet more lipstick!
These photos are taken under artifical light without flash so look slightly lighter than they are in reality.

First up Viva Glam Gaga
I am surprised how wearable this is for me. I have pretty pigmented lips and most pale pinks look awful on my skintone. I have Colour Crafted and never wear it as it looks horriblel! This is a gorgeous milky pink, because its a lustre formula you can build up the colour or just one or two swipes for a subtle colour. This has a lovely sheen to it so doesn't really need a gloss on top.
Viva Glam Cyndi
This is the one I was most looking forward to. It's a gorgeous coral red and I absolutely love it! This is two layers of colour and I think it is so wearable. It's a colour that I think would suit most skin tones. If you are not brave enough for a full on red this is a great alternative. Again it has a gorgeous sheen to it so no gloss required.

Viva Glam Cyndi & Gaga Mixed
 
Together these lipsticks make a gorgeous light coral. I think this is perfect for daytime if you want a bit of colour but nothing to over the top. They mixed together really easily.
Have you picked up either of these? Any thoughts?

4 comments:

  1. HELLOOOOO MISSY! Happy b-day for the other day! Hope you take the new age as a new start! Call meee for a drink soon.. next week? After work monday?? Have some interesting things to tell you.. slightly bizzare! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Tali - Thanks hun! Monday after work sounds good to me, will text you! Am curious about your news now!! We definately need a good catch up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these lippies, especially mixed together!
    Hope you are well! I haven't commented lately but I have been reading all your posts!

    Michelle
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've ordered mine. oooo they look fab mixed together. What a great idea.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...