Thursday 18 March 2010

Face Of My Birthday - Purple Smokey Eyes

It was my birthday last Thursday, it was an incredibly weird birthday as it was the first major date since I seperated from my husband (That's the reason I haven't been around much). But I still had a nice day with my Family and was spoilt.
On Friday night me and my friend Penny went to TGI Fridays and had a bit of a bar crawl around Covent Garden, I decided on a purple smokey eye and I pulled out MAC Violet Pigment which is a colour I love but I have never really used.
I really love this pigment and I can see myself doing this look regularly for a night out.
As this look was really all about the eyes I kept the rest of my face pretty neutral. All photos with flash.



Products Used:
Face:
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
Make Up Forever HD Foundation
Bobbi Brown Corrector Light Bisque
Babara Daly for Tesco Concealer
Make Up Forever HD Powder
Nars Laguna Bronzer
Nars Orgasm Blush
MAC Shell CCB as highlight
Eyes:
UDPP
MAC Violet Pigment on lid, in crease and under lower lashes
MAC Black Tied Eyeshadow blended in crease and outer third
MAC Blanc Type as highlight
MAC Black Russian Eyeliner
Mac Lashes (Have no idea of the number!)
Covergirl Lashblast Luxe Mascara
Lips:
Estee Lauder Crystal Pink Lipstick

What do you think? I am always drawn to purple shadows/pigments but find I don't use them as much as I should! I have to say my eyes were so tired by the end of the night, contact lenses and false lashes when I don't regularly wear either were driving me mad! Things are starting to calm down a bit now so hopefully I will be back to my regular posting!

7 comments:

  1. A very lovely look! Hope you had an amazing birthday! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated bday doll! You look fab..loving those colours super gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty birthday! Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty look :)
    Happy Belated Birthday!
    Sorry to hear about you and your husband!
    Glad you had a nice day :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks great - really make the most of your beautiful eyes x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love purple looks and I have to say it looks totally amazing against red hair! Lovely eyes by the way. x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...