Tuesday 7 June 2011

Beauty UK Baked Eyeshadow Trio Earth Review, Swatches and Comparisons

I used this Beauty UK Trio in my face of the day yesterday but I felt that it deserved a post of its own. I picked this up in Superdrug for £3.99 and I am really impressed with the quality of it. There are 6 trios available, I picked the Earth trio which is the most neutral as I felt I would get the most use out of it, I am definitely going back to pick up a couple more now though.
In the trio you get a light champagne, taupe and a lighter brown/gold. These are baked shadows so can be used wet or dry depending on the intensity you are going for. That being said I have found these to be really well pigmented and haven't felt the need to use them wet. These are shimmery though so if you prefer matte shades then you might want to give this a miss, personally I like a bit of shimmer!
Swatched in the same order as in the pans, these are literally one swipe with my finger without any base, they are nicely pigmented and adhere to the skin really well.

I couldn't help but compare this to a few higher end shadows that I own which are priced a lot higher.
Above are the Beauty UK Earth Trio, Stila Champagne Glow Trio and Nars Exotic Dance Duo
These are not dupes of each other as the colours are slightly different but the texture and pigmentation is pretty much the same. The Stila trio is currently on sale for $28 on sephora.com
This was a bit more of a shock, it's not a 100% dupe but it's not far off! The gold is slightly browner and the white is not quite as bright in the Beauty UK trio but applied on the eyes I struggled to see a difference. Actually the white in the Beauty UK duo applies more evenly then the Nars as it seems to adhere to the skin better. The Nars Duo retails for £23.50.

I can be a bit of a make up snob at times but this just goes to prove that a higher price tag doesn't always mean better quality!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...