Monday 7 December 2009

Nails Of The Week - Sleek Poison Ivy

I was in superdrug the other day and obviously had to make the most of the 3 for 2, I picked up a couple of Barry M bits and this Sleek Nail Polish in Poison Ivy. This is the first one I have tried from Sleek and I am impressed. The range is pretty small in the superdrug I was in, there were only about 6 colours. This was 2 coats, if you have short nails you could probably get away with 1! Top coat is Leighton Denny Crystal Finish

With Flash

Without Flash

My only dissapointment with this is that in the bottle it seems to have a purple duochrome but this doesn't show on the nails at all. But even so its a gorgeous colour and I am really impressed with it, especially for the £2.99 price tag! Have you tried any sleek nail colours?

9 comments:

  1. That's nie, looks like Barry M Racing Green. I have the red one, but haven't used it yet. You've got nice nails - jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very pretty..i didn't know Sleek had polishes as well...i so wish they were sold here in the US

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's gorgeous! I've not tried any of their polish yet, but this is the one I will be trying as soon as I get my hands on a bottle :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That shade of green is all the rage right now it seems, I'm seeing similar versions of it everywhere! I really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried Sleek yet, I kept on hearing the name everywhere! I'm heading straight to Superdrug tomorrow. :D

    The cheapest nail polish I tried was Ulta. Only $2.50-3.00 (AUD). The quality was impressive, much better than some expensive ones I have. The choice of colours were even more impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow superdrug has 3 for 2 also?? I never knew they did that.. might have to get down there and do some shopping :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Vex - It is a bit lighter than Racing Green, the formula seems really good though! Don't be jealous of my nails, this is the longest they ever get I guarantee they will have broken by the end of the week!!

    @ Mama Jen - They don't have a huge range of polishes but I am really impressed with this one so will be going back for more! Maybe you could do a swap with someone in the UK for some Sleek!

    @ Small Town Girl - Yay, I'm sure you will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @ Heather - It is a great shade for winter so it does seem that every brand has their own version!

    @ Music - Definately check out sleek, everyone has heard of the palettes now but the rest of the range is worth a look too, I love the pigments!

    @ The Dice Girl - It's a mix and match with all the makeup brands so its a great time to pick up a mix of things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great blog...wish we had these colours in New Zealand!

    Keep up the great reviews :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...