Friday 6 May 2011

Nars Dogon Swatches, Review and Face Of The Day

As soon as I heard about the new Nars summer collection I knew I had to get Dogon. I have an obsession with Taupe and after hearing how impressed everyone that saw this duo at the preview event was I couldn't wait to get my hands on it. The duo consists of a taupe with a green iridescence/duochrome and a charcoal with a very subtle shimmer. The taupe is gorgeous on it's own but looks even more gorgeous layered over the charcoal.
Left to right: Charcoal, Taupe, Taupe over charcoal

People have been comparing this to Club from Mac, it is similar in that it is a brown based shade with a green duochrome but as you can see from the swatch they are not really similar at all.
Nars Dogon on left, Mac Club on right

I finally got a chance to wear this duo this morning and I love it! Please excuse how tired I look in these photos, they were taken when I got home from work. The good thing is it has shown how well the products last as this is about 12 hours after I put my makeup on and the only things I touched up were the powder and lipstick.

Products Used:
Face:
Bobbi Brown Corrector Light Bisque
Bourjois Bio Detox Foundation
Mac Studio Fix Powder
Mac Sakura Blush
Eyes:UDPP
Nars Dogon charcoal shade in crease and outer corners
Nars Dogon taupe shade on lid, crease and under lower lashes
Mac Blanc Type as highlight
Gosh Long Lasting Eyeliner Pen Green on upper lashline
Covergirl Lashblast Mascara
Lips:Beauty UK Lipstick in Snob

I also picked up the Cap Ferrat trio so will post a look using that soon!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...