Wednesday 11 May 2011

Rimmel 8 Hour Colour Mousse in Sassy Review and Face Of The Day

I saw this featured in one of Lisa Eldridge's videos on youtube and thought it looked gorgeous so I popped into Boots and got myself one. Sassy is a gorgeous taupe colour with a beautiful sheen. They have a bit of an odd texture, they are called Colour Mousse but to me that makes me think of a light whipped product whereas this is more of a thick liquid, that being said it applies really evenly and blends out beautifully. It dries quite quickly to an almost powder finish so you need to work fairly quickly to blend it out. This actually looks gorgeous on its own and is really fast to apply. They come in glass jars but the glass is very thick so is pretty sturdy, they have a little black insert covering the product, this helps to keep it airtight and prevents it from drying out.
The swatch above is swatched heavily on the left and blended out on the right.
This was pretty much my everyday look while I was on holiday last week as it was so quick and easy!
Products Used:
Face:
Bobbi Brown Corrector Light Bisque
No7 Triple Protection Tinted Moisturiser
Illamasqua Hollow Cream Pigment as contour 
Mac Studio Fix Powder
Illamasqua Hussy Blush
Eyes:
UDPP
Rimmel Colour Mousse Sassy on lid, crease and under lower lashline
Mac Charcoal Brown in crease and outer corners
Mac Blitz & Glitz Fluidline on upper lashline
Covergirl Lashblast
Lips:
Beauty UK Lipstick in Snob

I was so impressed with this I went back and picked up a couple more shades, I haven't tried it without primer underneath but with UDPP I wore it from 10am until about 11pm and it hadn't creased at all.

5 comments:

  1. I would die to have this! But unfortunetly we don't have Rimmel here :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really nice color on you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look so yummy. i wonder how these compare to MAC's big bounce shadows

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats a lovely colour, a bit like Illamasqua Surge Liquid Metal I love it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I;m trying to hunt these down in Toronto but I don't know that they sell them in Canada! I'm literally contemplating driving 3 hours to the nearest Ulta to see if they carry them there =P

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...