Saturday 16 July 2011

Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation First Impressions

Illamasqua very kindly gave me some samples of their new Skin Base Foundation. I was matched up to shade 2 but they also gave me shades 1 and 3.

Shade 1 on the left and Shade 2 on the right, as you can see shade 1 is pure white, this makes a great matte highlighter and is also really useful to lighten other foundations. Shade 2 matches me pretty well, it's a little light but workable.

Blended out in the same order as swatched, as you can see shade 2 pretty much disappears into my skin. Shade 1 just lightens my skin slightly.

I have been testing this out for the last couple of weeks and I have to say I have mixed feelings. I haven't tried any BB creams so I can't compare it to one. What I can say is I feel this is a medium to full coverage foundation. You really do only need a tiny bit, less is definitely more as I have found if you have too much on your brush it can be really hard to blend. I have combination skin and I do get oily on my nose after about 3 hours with this and need to powder. I do like the finish but it's just not really what I was expecting.

Would I recommend it...that depends, I do like the product and will probably buy a full size once my sample has run out but I would say for those with oily skin you might want to try it before you invest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...