Tuesday 7 April 2009

My MAC return experience

Ok so I thought I would share you with you my experience of returning an item to MAC! I have read many times that MAC have a no quibble refund policy as long as it is within 28 days with receipt and original packaging.
So last week I approached an MUA about buying an under eye concealer. She used Select moisturecover on me and initially I was pleased with the result so I bought it!
When I got home 3 hours later it seemed to have disappeared! I wanted to give it a fair try so the next two mornings I used it and I really had to layer it on to get any kind of effect and it just seemed to sink into fine lines and make the whole area look worse!
So I went back in today and picked up a couple of other things and went to the till, I asked if I could return the item and the MUA looked horrified! She just kept saying “But you have used it” I had to say about ten times that I just wasn’t happy with it and I have much cheaper concealers that work better than this! She basically said no but I said that as far as I was aware the return policy was if something was not suitable you could return it! Anyway she went of to find a manager and meanwhile the queue behind me was getting longer and longer! To be honest I felt like just giving up and leaving but thought why should I! Anyway in the end she couldn’t find a manager so approached one of her colleagues who was a lovely girl, she came straight over and asked me why I wanted to return it and then with no fuss at all she turned round to the original MUA and said that it was absolutely fine to exchange it for something else! The MUA did apologise to me in the end!
This is the first time I have ever returned anything to MAC as I usually love everything I buy but hopefully if I ever have to again I will have a better experience!
Has anyone else encountered any problems returning stuff??

7 comments:

  1. Yep.. I had 2 paint pots I ordered online that arrived with dry rims arond them.
    And a lipjelle that was no where near the color that mac said it was.

    I emailed them with my order number etc.. They never sent a return envelope.

    So i called again.. same thing. No response.. no envalope.

    FINALLY i called up and shoted down the phone for a good 40 minutes. i got my return envalope but as far as I can see they havent refunded the money to my account! Ive just given up with them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The return policy for makeup in this country is CRAP! We get looked at like idiots if we dare to ask for a sample of something that costs £30, and then if we buy it and it looks like crap on us, we cant take it back because its been used - I mean how the hell else are we meant to work out if we like a product or not - I don't understand why there is a totally different return policy for the same company in different countries... It drives me MAD! Thank heavens for sites like swapsies! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I havent returned anything so far,but i really dont know if they change a used item here in Greece

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Tali, Thanks for subscribing! Definately keep pushing for that refund!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Mizzworthy - That was exactly my point! I mean if its a cheap drugstore brand I will put it down to experience but with higher end make up I expect a bit more! Samples save companies money in the long run! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finally I was refunded!! I almost cant believe it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Tali - I'm so glad you finally got your money back!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...