Monday 6 August 2012

Olympic Themed Nails

I don't know about you but I have been totally caught up with Olympic Fever! I live very near to the Olympic Park and to be honest I was dreading it as I thought it would be chaos but actually it hasn't been too bad and I have loved every minute of watching the games, unfortunately just on the TV but I have tickets to 4 Paralympic events so at least I have that to look forward to.
After all the Gold medals Team GB managed to get over the weekend I was inspired to do some Olympic themed nails. Now these were free handed so are not perfect but I am really happy with the way they turned out.


I really struggled doing my left hand but it turned out okay. I used Illamasqua Propaganda as a base on my thumbs and little fingers and Illamasqua Caress on the other fingers. I then used the 17 Cosmetics Best Of British nail art set to do the Union Jacks and the ribbons for the medals and the Hot Metals nail art set for the gold, silver and bronze medals. These are great kits as the bottles of polish have a really fine striper brush which is perfect for nail art and the best thing is these sets are only £5! They are limited edition so if you see them I definitely recommend picking them up.

If you have done an Olympic themed manicure please leave me your links below as I would love to see them!

2 comments:

  1. such a beautiful manicure with the medals hanging. i had never seen an olympic manicure like that before
    liloo/@tsunimee xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...