Sunday 26 August 2012

Day Out At London Zoo

Last week we went to London Zoo, I hadn't been there for about 4 years and I couldn't wait to see what had changed. I very much have a love/hate relationship with zoos as I know they are incredibly important for conservation but I also feel bad that these amazing wild animals are stuck in cages. I am happy to say that a lot of the cages are bigger now and the animals seemed happier than when I was there before. There is a new bigger Tiger enclosure opening next year so I will definitely be going back to see that. Here are a few of my favourite photos from the day.
The Zebra's had been given a ball filled with food that they had to knock round to get the pellets out of. It did look like they were playing football at one point!
The Meerkats are my favourite, they are just so cute. They all stopped and looked up every time an aeroplane went over, it was so funny, I would have thought they would be used to them!
The new Penguin beach is awesome! Such a nice space for them and so much better than what they had before. If you haven't had a chance to go and see it yet then I highly recommend it.

There are a lot of new "open" enclosures now where you actually get to go in with the animals, it means you can get some great photos without the bars getting in the way. You do have to be careful though, especially with the monkeys as they bite!
It really was a great day, we got there not long after it opened and stayed till closing time and still didn't manage to see everything so you really do get a full day out which makes it worth the money. We are taking my Dad to Colchester zoo next week so will post some photos from there. Do you have a favourite zoo animal?

2 comments:

  1. love love love all your photos jo. the birds one is very atmospheric. brilliant sky against it x
    liloo/@tsunimee xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hun! There was a thunderstorm coming in and this was just before it started raining! It's my favourite photo too! X

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...