Sunday 5 July 2009

My illamasqua purchases

Hey
So this week I went to Selfridges and pick up a few bits from Illamasqua. I have to say the MA that helped me was lovely and there was no hard sell at all.
Here are the things that I picked up

The first item I picked up was "Rude" cream blush as Jenn aka Mizzworthy recommended it and I have to say I really do love it.
Here are swatches, the top heavily applied and blended in underneath.
Pure Pigments in "Involve" and "Chasm" I do really like these colours but I do think they are really expensive for the amount of product you get.
The texture of them reminds me of Barry M Dazzle dusts. I know a lot of people have raved about the packaging of these but as you can see my Chasm's lid must not fit perfectly as it does leak out when its closed.
Here are swatches without flash on left, with on right. These are with no base.
I am happy with these two but I don't think I would purchase anymore as these are the only colours that really appealed to me! These look amazing when used wet!

The last thing was a concealer, I wanted an under eye concealer but the MA said that she prefers using the regular concealer as it has better coverage. As I have a lot of red/pink in my undereyes she picked out a yellow based concealer, it looks much too dark for me but actually under my eyes it does work well! I forgot to take a picture of this, sorry!
I was impressed with the brand overall, there are so many products that are unique! I just don't know how much I would use some of the products, I do want to look at the Lipsticks/Lipgloss next time, will have to wait till pay day though.
Hope everyone has had a lovely weekend and isn't too sunburnt!
Jo

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...