Wednesday 29 July 2009

ELF Studio Haul


Yesterday my order from ELF arrived and I have to say I am really impressed with everything I got!
Me and my Mum placed an order together so we got free postage. The only dissapointment was the eye shadow/liner stick that my Mum ordered, the eyeshadow part is broken and fell out as soon as she took the lid off! I have watched a couple of hauls on youtube and they have had the same issue so maybe its a problem with the packaging?!?
Anyway here is what I got and my thoughts so far:

Complexion Perfection: I am really looking forward to using this, its got a colour to cover all types of discoloration on the face, will post a full review once I have used it for a week or so!

Contouring Blush & Bronzer: I really like this! The blush is a really nice coral/pink and although the bronzer is really dark it will be fine used with a light hand! I will be posting a comparison of this with Nars Laguna/Orgasm tomorrow.

Eyebrow Kit: I got this in light and it really is a lovely product. You get a brow powder and a tinted brow gel, these can be used together or the gel alone and it really works well. I have been alternating between MAC Fling brow pencil and Smashbox Brow powder and I have to say I prefer this!

Under Eye Concealer & Highlighter: I really like the look of this but haven't had a chance to try it yet so I will report back once I have tested it out!

Eye Primer & Liner Sealer: Again I have yet to test this out but first impressions are good! The primer seems like a really thick concealer and the liner sealer had a really nice brush on it, love the packaging on this one!

Hollywood Eyelashes: I will admit I mainly bought this for the applicator! But actually the eyelashes are really nice too!

Complexion Brush: I honestly cannot stress how soft these brushes are, I could just sit and stroke my face with it lol! I have tried this with blush and bronzer and its great! It would work really well for powder too.

Powder Brush: This again is super soft, its a flat top brush which I had been wanting for ages, I used it today to apply my MSF Natural and honestly it gave me the best finish of all the brushes I have tried! I was reading reviews of this on Make Up Alley and apparently a lot of people really like it for liquid foundation so I think I will picking up another one for this!

So overall I love the products I bought, all this added up to the grand total of £28! You really can't go wrong!

2 comments:

  1. great haul..i don't own but a couple of items from elf..you know even the packaging looks like NARS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still waiting for my order to come through from ELF - I bought the lash kit mainly for the applicator too though! I've seen OxfordJasmine use a similar one and it looked like it made eyelash application very easy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...