Friday 11 May 2012

Nails Of The Week - Water Marble Nails With Illamasqua

I have watched so many youtube tutorials on how to water marble, I have tried a couple of times in the past but have always given up after messing up too many times. This time I made sure I had plenty of time to sit down and calmly give it another go and amazingly it worked! Every nail looks completely different but I'm ok with that. I got loads of comments when I was wearing this. I used a selection of Illamasqua polishes, I used Caress as a base coat which you can't even see as the marble covers it up, I then used alternating dots of Collide (bright neon pink), Jo'Mina (Bright Lilac) and Blow (Pastel Yellow). Sorry about the photos, the flash washed the colours out a bit and by the time I noticed I had already removed it, click on the photos to enlarge them and get a better view.

And this is a photo of the mess of tape, cotton buds and pads I was left with afterwards!
Yes it is messy and incredibly time consuming and it does use a lot of polish but personally I think the final result is worth it. I would love to see more water marbling combinations so if you have a favourite one please let me know.

3 comments:

  1. I love this!!! Will definitely try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is art! wow. my favourite nail is the thumb x
    liloo/@tsunimee xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my god your marbling looks amazzzzzing!!! Seriously one of the best I've ever seen!! I tried once and it was a mess so I know how hard it is. Please do a tute with any tips you picked up!x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...