Sunday 29 March 2009

Drugstore Mini Haul

Hey!

Firstly I wanna apologise for lack of blogging! My Nan had a triple bypass operation and I have had the flu, I should be around more from now on!

So last week I went to Boots on my lunch break and noticed they had an offer on Too Faced, if you spend £15 you get a free GWP.
I picked up two of the new Lockdown cream eye shadows. These are infused with shadow insurance so work great as an eyeshadow base! I picked up Bondage which is a gorgeous shimmery beige and I'm Guilty which is a teal blue. Here are some swatches

I have had a chance to try these and I wore them as bases without a primer underneath and at the end of the day my shadow had not creased and still looked good.

So this is the free gift you get, it comes with a little pink bag, a mini Shadow Insurance, Mini glitter eyeliner and a lipgloss. I currently use UDPP and really wanted to try shadow insurance so thought this was the perfect opportunity!

Boots are currently giving out a £2 off selected cosmetics voucher when you spend £5 so I picked up this new mineral powder from Bourjois, its on offer anyway so it ended up costing £3 something (Sorry can't find the receipt!)
I was thinking about picking up MAC's MSF natural but thought I would give this a try first as obviously its much cheaper and I have to say I really like it! Might buy a back up now while its on offer. There are a few negatives with this though, the powder itself has a bit of a floral smell which I don't like, but you only smell this when you apply it then it fades and also the packaging. You have to press the catch in to open it and the mirror in mine was cracked! I used tweezers to pull the mirror out and its fine but just be careful if you do get this!

Hope everyone is having a good sunday!
Jo x




3 comments:

  1. I hope your Nan is doing ok xx I use UDPP and want to try Too Faced, let us know how you get on! I do like UDPP but I resent have to cut it open :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Lazula Thanks hun, she is making good progress and will be home soon hopefully!I have the shadow insurance on today so will check it before I take it all off and let you know! And I agree having to cut open the packaging to get the product is ridiculous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too faced primer is amazing.. you wear alot of dark colors on the eyes (from what i can tell) like me.. it seriously helps with making them stay on all night!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...