Saturday 29 September 2012

MUA Nail Constellation Leo Review

I was really happy when MUA announced on facebook that they were releasing these Nail Constellations, which are a drugstore version of the Ciate Caviar Manicure. They come in 5 different colours and are £3 each. I picked up 3 different colours and the first one I tested out was Leo, which is a gorgeous mix of purple and green. I used it here with Illamasqua's Velocity.
Natural Light
With Flash
These are pretty easy to apply, just paint 2 coats of chosen polish on the nail and while the second coat is still wet tip up the jar and shake the beads on to the nail, it's best to do this over a bowl so you can collect the excess beads. Then gently push them down so they stick in the polish, be careful not to use too much pressure as you can end up smooshing them about and ruining the effect. You can then remove the lid from the bottle and use it as a funnel to put excess beads back in the jar. I chose not to put a topcoat on as it can dull the beads and changes the finished look. I also only did an accent nail as I think a full manicure would be a bit over the top! Bear in mind these beads are only sitting on the polish so they won't last forever, I have had it on for about 3 hours and none have come off yet but I am sure they will throughout the day so I would say it was best to think of this as a one night manicure! These are available at selected Superdrug stores and from the MUA website.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely colours, would be great if you was going out for New Year's Eve. :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing, have to try this one out :)

    http://sparklewithlaughter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...