Saturday 22 September 2012

Face of The Day Featuring Illamasqua Complement Palette and Mini Review

I have to be honest I was in two minds whether to order this palette or not, although the colours instantly called to me I had read a few bad reviews, mainly about the pigmentation but I trusted my instincts and ordered it anyway and I'm really glad I did as it's gorgeous. It's surprisingly wearable considering two of the shadows are darker purples. I wore this in the daytime and obviously you could apply more and make it a darker smokey look for night time but I like the fact that you can control how dark you go! I used primer potion underneath and didn't experience any creasing but I did have some minor fading in the crease after about 10 hours.

With Flash
Natural Light

Products Used:
Face:
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer
Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation
Benefit Erase Paste
Illamasqua Hollow Cream Pigment as contour
Illamasqua Rude Cream Blush
Shu Uemura Colourless Setting Powder
Nars Laguna Bronzer
Eyes:
Urban Decay Primer Potion
Illamasqua Complement Palette
Focus Liquid Metal on lid, crease and under lower lashline
Slink eyeshadow on inner corner, first third of eyelid and under brow
Forgiveness eyeshadow on rest of lid
Queen Of The Night Pressed Pigment in crease and on outer corner of lid
Mac Blacktrack Fluidline on upper lashline
Maybelline Colossal Mascara
Lips:
Mac Angel Lipstick

Overall this is a gorgeous palette, if you were on the fence about getting it as it looked too dark I would definitely recommend swatching it in person as it is really wearable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...